Meescan is a self-checkout system that makes it easier and faster to check out library materials. You can use the library's Meescan machine to check out with one or multiple items AND you can download the Meescan app and borrow items directly from your smartphone!
Library Meescan machine available at the circulation desk
1. Once downloaded, ensure that you enable the location feature so that the app can automatically find the Edward Neisser Library.
2. As a one-time sign-in, hit the "start" button and then log in by using your patron ID (your Erikson ID number for students, or your library barcode sticker for staff/faculty). You can also scan your barcode by using the camera feature.
3. To check out books from the app, hit the "+" button and scan the book barcodes to add to your active item loans.
PLEASE NOTE: make sure you scan the barcode labeled "Edward Neisser Library" and not the general item barcode.
4. View your library card, loan status, and any loans under the tab "Account".
If you would like to check out with the library staff, you can use your phone to scan your library card instead of your physical ID!
5. Don't forget! If you are not using the self-help kiosk or having a library member check you out, stop by the circulation desk before leaving the library to desensitize your items from setting the front door alarms off.
Got Questions? Contact us for further help!